Around Town: Artisphere!
Yep, it may be hard to believe, but it’s again time for one of Greenville’s most celebrated outdoor festivals: Artisphere! Here’s a run down of this year’s featured artists and performance schedules from May 12-14.
May 12-14, 2017
Downtown Greenville, South Carolina
Artisphere 2017 will featuring 135 artists, 41 of who will be participating for the first time. They come from 27 states and the Czech Republic, along with 17 local artists. Louisiana singer-songwriter Marc Broussard will be the headline performance on opening night, and soul band the Suffers will play on May 13.
Here are a few other things you can look forward to at this year’s festival:
- 13 hands-on experiences, including needle felting and making paper, at the Furman Art Lab
- Demonstrations of woodworking and glass-blowing on the Michelin Artist Demo Row
- Visual demonstrations by Brian Olsen on the Art in Action stage
- The best food from some of Greenville’s favorite restaurants at the Culinary Arts Café
- A science, engineering, art and math showcase in the Clemson STEAM Exhibit
- A variety of kid-friendly fine art and craft activities in the Kidsphere area
If you’ve never experienced Artisphere here in Greenville, SC, it’s an absolutely must-do this year. I hope to see you there!