Greenville, SC: Accolades & Awards
In the last few years, Greenville, SC, has been recognized by many different media channels for a variety of different reasons. Whether our inclusion on a “best of” list is for our downtown, Falls Park, cycling community, or Swamp Rabbit Trail, it seems that Greenville is always in the news for something good.
Some of Greenville’s recent media mentions include:
– Downtown Greenville “Top 10 Transformed Neighborhood” –Forbes, July 2013
– Greenville, SC “The Next Big Food City of the South?” –Esquire Magazine, 2013
– Greenville, SC’s Falls Park on the Reedy named 9th Best Park in the US –TripAdvisor, 2013
– Greenville, SC named “Favorite Unexpected Vacation Destination” – O, The Oprah Magazine, 2012
– Greenville, SC listed in the 10 best places to live in the U.S. –Relocate America, 2011
But you know your city has really hit the big time when it is featured as one of the showcase prize packages on The Price is Right on CBS.
Yes, that really happened.
Though I’ve got nothing against The Price is Right, my favorite media coverage about Greenville, SC, was a January 2015 segment from CBS News travel editor Peter Greenberg about top travel destinations for the year. In it, he includes Greenville in a list alongside Los Angeles, Denmark, and Egypt—pretty impressive stuff.
Click on the image below and skip ahead to the 3:26 mark in the video to hear about Greenville.
If you would like to learn more about why everyone keeps talking about Greenville, SC, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d be happy to show you what makes this city so special.